In My Mailbox (IMM) #2

It’s been a looooooong couple of weeks for me filled with a never ending sickness. I seriously slept more than 70 hours one week. As someone who doesn’t sleep much, or particularly enjoy a long sleep, it has been disturbing.


Luckily I received some goodies in the mail to cheer me up!


First, the brand new P.O.S. album titled We Don’t Even Live Here.

P.O.S. is one of my favorite rappers and part of my favorite rap/hip-hop collective, Doomtree. I highly recommend all of these extremely talented artists.

Originally P.O.S. had been scheduled for a national tour, but because of health issues he’s had to cancel. You can learn more about the situation and how to help over on Doomtree’s website.

Even though you might not be able to see him in concert soon, you can still enjoy the video for “Get Down” (NSFW with all the cursing, but you should probably blast it when you get home).


My second package was a result of Neil Gaiman’s All Hallow's Read. Back in 2010, Gaiman proposed that each person give/lend/share a scary book on Halloween. This book could go to a friend, family member, or stranger. It doesn’t matter! As long as you share.

I happened to be the winner of an All Hallow’s Read giveaway. The Girl Who Loved Zombies sent me I Am Legend by Richard Matheson. I enjoyed the film, so I have high hopes for the novel. The rumors (they'll stay that way until I read the book) that they are massively different just makes it all the more exciting.

What did you get this week? Have you also fallen victim to illness as the temperatures slip toward winter?

No comments:

Post a Comment